Accounts Payable Supervisor
The Accounts Payable Supervisor is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of all accounts payable disbursements. He/She is responsible for managing third-party vendors and ensuring business needs are being met with regards to company credit cards, travel and expense reporting, and payable processes. The AP Supervisor will interact with employees of all levels throughout the Company to maintain the smooth flow of invoice submission and approvals, as well as direct, support, and monitor the AP staff.
• Serves as the administrator of the payables processing system (Cor360).
• Interacts with employees at all levels to facilitate the smooth flow of invoice submission and approvals.
• Maintains consistency of general ledger classification and allocations between branches/departments.
• Posts transaction detail daily from third-party solution to the general ledger.
• Monitors the systematic matching of purchase orders for completeness and accuracy.
• Works directly with vendors on complex issues regarding invoice processing or payments.
• Monitors the work of the Accounts Payable staff and is responsible for their development.
• Owns the vendor setup and credit application processes.
• Prepares annual 1099 reporting.
TRAVEL AND EXPENSE
• Serves in administrator role over the travel and expense processing solution (Concur).
• Prepares monthly journal entries for all travel and expense reports.
• Processes travel and expense reports weekly for cash reimbursement.
CREDIT CARD MANAGEMENT
• Serves as administrator for company credit cards, to include ordering, replacing, and
troubleshooting issues as they arise.
• Processes monthly invoices for payment.
• Categorizes fuel expenses by branch/department and posts to the general ledger.
• Schedules monthly payment of fuel invoices and reviews invoices for acceptable charges and accurate rebates.
• Trains employees on Cor360 and Concur on an as needed basis.
• Creates, develops, and maintains process documentation, including training and developing the technical and analytical skills of less experienced team members.
• Makes recommendations to improve utilization of the third-party solutions, reducing costs and implementing those improvements.
• Collaborates with HR and managers to set up new users in Concur and Concentric as necessary.
• Prepares ad-hoc reports for the CFO, Corporate Controller, and senior management.
• Assists with the development and maintenance of process documentation.
• Maintains vendor relationships and updates contact lists as changes occur.
• Issues corporate wide communication on updates to the payables process vie memos, company newsletter, etc.
• Completes credit applications and tax forms ensuring Towlift is set up properly as a customer.
• Maintains professionalism on the job at all times.
• Is responsible for being reliable punctual in reporting for work as scheduled.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field.
• Five or more years of finance or business administrative experience.
• At least two years of accounts payable experience preferred.
• Previous experience managing people and/or projects/processes.
• Previous experience with Corcentric (Cor360) and Concur preferred.
• Understanding of the Accounts Payable function and automated invoice processing solutions.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
• Ability to work independently and to effectively prioritize demands and execute tasks.
• Ability to communicate effectively to internal and external customers.
• Flexibility to adapt to evolution of the role and processes are optimized.
• Keen attention to detail.