Buyer (Used Equipment) - Cleveland, OH
The Buyer – Used Equipment uses sound judgment and experience to make used equipment purchasing decisions. He/She works with external vendors, including leasing companies, dealers, and bankers, to build strong business relationships. The Buyer – Used Equipment manages used equipment inventory, tracking asset locations, establishing book values, approving invoices, and setting sale pricing.
• Completes purchase and set up of all used equipment inventory across all branches, utilizing established internal processes.
• Maintains proper documentation of each used order in centralized database, keeping an accurate and comprehensive customer database, including contact names, businesses, and clients’ sales history.
• Updates the Sales Manager – Used Equipment weekly, providing status reports of deals in process.
• Communicates regularly with Accounting Department to ensure proper account documents are received to set up customers.
• Maintains excellent public relations through business relationships, working effectively and efficiently with banks, leasing companies, dealers, and other vendors; develops new relationships while maintaining those already established.
• Creates and utilizes reports to identify used equipment trends, working with Sales Manager – Used Equipment to forecast, project plan, and budget.
• Maintains regular and effective communication with the Used Equipment Department to resolve and troubleshoot issues as quickly as possible.
• Understands products, market competition, and how to position products to overcome challenges to meet sales targets.
• Achieves operational and financial benchmarks, including turnover projections, as determined by Sales Manager – Used Equipment.
• Identifies internal process improvements, making recommendations and driving solutions.
• Develops and implements used equipment purchase order system to manage trade ins and transfers, establishing a formal process for Sales Representatives.
• Generates monthly reports from inventory counts, tracking all used asset locations.
• Conducts monthly analyses to calculate gross profit for used equipment sales within the system, and reviews with Sales Manager – Used Equipment.
• Manages used equipment intake process; ensures purchases arrive timely after payment, condition reports are being conducted, and machines are priced to sell.
• Makes recommendations to the Sales Manager – Used Equipment regarding aging inventory to ensure equipment turnover goals are being met.
• Coordinates and assists with the scrapping/recycling of used equipment, completing orders and arranging freight.
• Sources needed equipment based on feedback from the Sales team.
• Manages the company website to ensure all equipment is priced and ready to sell online, updating daily with new equipment for sale and removing sold items.
• Participates in department related or OHWEO team projects or work groups as required.
• Prepares and submits asset and/or ad hoc reports to management as requested.
• Is reliable and punctual in reporting for work as scheduled.
• Maintains professionalism on the job at all times.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
• At least 3 years of experience in a procurement or purchasing environment where buying/purchasing, inventory management, or supply chain management was a major job responsibility.
• Previous experience with Corcentric 360 or Quipware a plus.
• Previous experience in the material handling industry preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to work independently and on a team, effectively prioritize demands, and execute tasks efficiently.
• Keen attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
• Exceptional project planning, project management, and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships amongst internal and external customers.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey information to internal and external customers in a clear and concise manner.