Corporate Trainer - Cleveland, OH
The Corporate Trainer is responsible for providing operator training to all internal and external customers (in addition to other training as needed). He/She ensures customers are properly trained to operate all material handling equipment. The Corporate Trainer partners with sales personnel to gain new external customers and partners with internal managers to make sure our employees are trained.
• Conducts operator training to both internal employees and external customers on a weekly basis on various material handling equipment including, but not limited to, forklifts, yard trucks, narrow aisle trucks, scissor/boom lifts, etc.
• Creates and revises company training materials for all operator training courses, reviewing for accuracy before publication.
• Trains all company employees in the safe operation of material handling equipment.
• Maintains a working knowledge and stays up-to-date on compliance regulations including, but not limited to, OSHA, ANSI, and manufacturer guidelines, in addition to attending train the trainer courses as required.
• Provides additional support to internal and external customers who have specific OSHA regulatory requirements.
• Arranges appointments with customers which include pre-arranged appointments or cold calls.
• Develops proposals in accordance with Towlift standards and presents them to customers, reviewing them in detail.
• Collaborates with other internal department staff members as needed, working closely with all company divisions to develop cross-selling strategies and ensure a great customer experience.
• Coordinates course registrations, lunches, course materials, certificates, etc. with the Training Administrator in a timely manner, ensuring all documentation is signed and accurate for processing.
• Works with the Director of Training and additional team members to ensure appropriate coverage for all operator training courses.
• Ensures coverage for scheduled courses in the event of unforeseen circumstances by contacting the Director of Training and other team members immediately.
• Arrives to all customer sites at least 30 minutes prior to class start time to ensure proper set up for course.
• Works with the Director of Training to develop annual sales goals and works toward meeting them.
• Consistently monitors territory by making sales calls daily and following up with potential customers regularly.
• Attends team meetings to review department goals and strategies as required.
• Uses Microsoft Excel to track daily customer interactions, including sale, customer contact information, etc.
• Is reliable and punctual in reporting for work as scheduled.
• Maintains professionalism on the job at all times.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature as required.
• High School Diploma or equivalent; Associate degree preferred.
• Previous experience in material handling industry preferred.
• At least two or more years of experience as an instructor or trainer preferred.
• Valid Driver’s License and driving record acceptable to insurance company.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to work independently and on a team.
• Ability to achieve quarterly and yearly quotas.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey information to internal and external customers in a clear and concise manner.
• Ability to develop relationships with sales staff.
• Regular travel within Ohio, in addition to some travel outside of territory (surrounding states).
• Smart dress and a professional appearance.