TOWLIFT is a full-service material handling dealership, family owned since 1965. We provide high-caliber maintenance and repair services for many types of equipment including a variety of forklifts, stock pickers, order pickers, turret trucks, reach trucks, powered walkies, pallet trucks, scissor lifts and Trackmobile railcar movers as well as Ottawa tractors.
The HR Generalist is responsible for performing a wide variety of HR-related duties, including, but not limited to: payroll, benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment and retention, and employment law compliance.
• Responsible for processing the weekly payroll and serves as the backup for the biweekly payroll processing, ensuring respective deadlines are met.
• Responsible for the tracking and payment of union dues, union fees, pension payments, and union medical insurance each month.
• Conducts pre-employment background checks as requested by management staff.
• Completes employment verifications, annual surveys, and governmental reporting (EEO-1, Multiple Worksite Reports, etc.) as required.
• Conducts new-employee orientations and trains management on the onboarding process as necessary.
• Writes HR related articles for quarterly newsletters.
• Ensures all government posting requirements are met across all locations, i.e. federal and state labor law posters, internal company policies, etc.
• Provides full-service administrative support on various HR projects, including performance management, onboarding, open enrollment, etc.
• Oversees the maintenance of all personnel files for both exempt and non-exempt employees.
• Composes and prepares routine correspondence (i.e., letters, memos, reports, spreadsheets, etc.).
• Ensures proper facilitation, inputting, and recording of all HR related data into relevant systems.
• Assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
• Assists with benefits administration, including claims resolution, reporting, and communicating benefits information to employees.
• Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
• Approves and process FMLA requests, in addition to short and long-term disability requests, maintaining appropriate documentation and tracking time off.
• Recommends innovative approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
• Assists with the recruitment effort for all exempt and non-exempt personnel, participating in career fairs as needed.
• Assists in the coordination of annual benefit renewal meetings.
• Completes unemployment compensation requests for information, actively appealing any allowed claims.
• Writes and places job postings for open positions within the company, posting to the company website.
• Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends seminars.
• Maintains professionalism and confidentiality of employment information.
• Is reliable and punctual in reporting for work as scheduled.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field, or similar major/equivalent work experience.
• SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP, or HRCI (SPHR, PHR, etc.) certification preferred.
• At least two years of previous HR experience.
• Previous experience processing payroll preferred; experience with Paycor a plus.
• Ability to work independently and to effectively prioritize demands and execute tasks.
• Ability to travel to multiple locations within Ohio and Pennsylvania.
• Ability to attend training and seminars as required for ongoing development.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Strong project management, time management, and organizational skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey information to internal and external customers in a clear and concise manner.
Additional Information: • Towlift is committed to safety • Towlift invests in our company and employees • We offer opportunities for career advancement • We are a drug-free and smoke-free workplace
Towlift is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive program of employee benefits. We offer medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401k, and profit sharing. We also offer additional voluntary life insurance and a wellness program. Paid holidays, vacation, personal paid days, and educational assistance are also available.