The Sales Manager motivates and leads employees, working with them to set and meet sales goals. He/She ensures Sales Representatives identify prospects in their assigned territory, evaluating the resources needed to develop business relationships. The Sales Manager also oversees sales strategies, proposals, and forecasts, selling approved products and services.
· Communicates effectively to sales staff as well
as internal and external customers, developing new relationships while fostering
· Understands products, market competition, and how
to position products to overcome challenges to meet sales targets.
· Attends trade shows and/or conferences as the
company representative, networking with industry leaders and establishing
· Manages Sales Representatives’ performance,
ensuring sales goals are being met and motivating the team to establish strong
·Distributes equipment leads, ensuring customer inquiries
are answered as soon as possible.
·Keeps an accurate and comprehensive customer
database, including contact names, businesses, and clients’ sales history
sorted by sales representative.
·Approves Lead Generation Expenses and evaluates their effectiveness, making
recommendations for improvement.
·Manages OHWEO outbound marketing and helps set strategy on multiple company websites.
·Approves Used Equipment Commissions and OHWEO related expenses, including freight bills.
·Assists with collecting on past due accounts as necessary.
·Approves sale price discounts (within permitted parameters) for Sales Representatives.
·Facilitates incoming calls to the appropriate Sales Representative assigned to the account.
·Collaborates with other internal department staff
members as needed, working closely with all company divisions to develop
cross-selling strategies and ensure a great customer experience.
·Maintains regular communication with the Service
Department to resolve and troubleshoot customer issues as quickly as possible.
·Meets customer expectations for continued support
and follow up after sales are final to include delivery of truck, signing of
delivery report, truck orientation, service schedules, etc.
·Continuously works towards acquiring new business
by generating leads, following up on them, and networking through current
·Schedules and facilitates team meetings to review
department goals and strategies.
·Utilizes Base CRM to track daily customer
·Is reliable and punctual in reporting for work as
·Maintains professionalism on the job at all times.
·Performs other duties of a similar nature as
Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in a sales role.
- At least 5 years of customer service experience.
- Proven ability to lead people and develop teams.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work independently and on a team.
- Ability to achieve quarterly and yearly quotas.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the
- Ability to convey information to internal and external customers in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to develop relationships with sales staff.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.