Sales Representative - Pittsburgh, PA
The Sales Representative identifies all prospects in an assigned territory, evaluating the resources needed to develop business relationships. He/She develops sales strategies, proposals, and forecasts, selling approved products and services. The Sales Representative works strategically with customers to provide solutions to meet their material handling needs.
• Arranges appointments with customers which include pre-arranged appointments or cold calls.
• Develops proposals in accordance with Towlift standards and presents them to customers, reviewing them in detail.
• Coordinates the presentation of all new truck proposals in person to potential customers.
• Engages customers by adapting to their buying style, incorporating proven sales techniques and a consultative approach to effectively demonstrate Towlift’s material handling solutions.
• Collaborates with other internal department staff members as needed, working closely with all company divisions to develop cross-selling strategies and ensure a great customer experience.
• Maintains regular communication with the Service Department to resolve and troubleshoot customer issues as quickly as possible.
• Assesses potential customers for Fleet Team, Inc. services and involves them as needed.
• Initiates and approves all documentation to complete sales orders.
• Meets customer expectations for continued support and follow up after sales are final to include delivery of truck, signing of delivery report, truck orientation, service schedules, etc.
• Facilitates demonstrations of material handling solutions as needed with ongoing on-site follow ups throughout the demo time period.
• Consistently works toward acquiring new business by generating leads, following up on them, and networking through current customers.
• Meets with Sales Manager to review Sales Representative Scorecard each month.
• Attends team meetings to review department goals and strategies as required.
• Works with Sales Manager to develop annual sales goals and works toward meeting them.
• Consistently monitors territory by making sales calls daily.
• Uses Microsoft Dynamics CRM to track daily customer interactions.
• Maintains professionalism on the job at all times.
• Is reliable and punctual in reporting for work as scheduled.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature as required.
• High School Diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field preferred.
• Two or more years of outside sales experience.
• Valid Driver’s License and driving record acceptable to insurance company.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to work independently and as a team.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey information to internal and external customers in a clear and concise manner.
• Ability to develop relationships with customers.
• Minimal travel outside of territory (trade shows, training).
• Smart dress and a professional appearance.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Additional Information: • Towlift is committed to safety • Towlift invests in our company and employees • We offer opportunities for career advancement • We are a drug-free and smoke-free workplace
Towlift is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive program of employee benefits. We offer medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, life insurance, short and long-term disability, 401k, and profit sharing. Voluntary life insurance, paid holidays, vacation, and educational assistance are also available.