Senior Accountant - Cleveland, OH
TOWLIFT is a full-service material handling dealership, family owned since 1965. We provide
high-caliber maintenance and repair services for many types of equipment including a variety of forklifts, stock pickers, order pickers, turret trucks, reach trucks, powered walkies, pallet trucks, scissor lifts and Trackmobile railcar movers as well as Ottawa tractors.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for the maintenance and analysis of general ledger accounts. He/She will also be responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements and analysis, as well as monitoring and improving internal control processes as necessary.
• Maintains general ledger accounts and reconciles accounts on a regular basis, with a focus on prepaid and accrued expenses, payroll and related expenses, inventory, and debt.
• Prepares monthly entries and posts to the general ledger.
• Monitors posting of expense for proper classification and assignment to departments.
• Monitors intercompany payables and receivables to ensure they net in consolidation.
• Prepares monthly financial statements and reports.
• Files quarterly sales tax returns.
• Leads the annual process to update standard costs for parts and labor and monitors related variance accounts monthly.
• Assists with annual financial audits, preparing requested documents and statements as needed.
• Prepares schedules necessary to support annual tax returns, particularly state apportionment.
• Assists with the design and implementation of proper internal controls and segregation of duties.
• Assists with the development and maintenance of process documentation, including training and developing the technical and analytical skills of less experienced team members.
• Maintains professionalism on the job at all times.
• Is reliable and punctual in reporting for work as scheduled.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
• CPA certification preferred.
• Three or more years of accounting experience.
• Two or more years of public accounting experience preferred.
• Cost accounting experience preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with advanced Excel skills.
• Ability to work independently and to effectively prioritize demands and execute tasks.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers.
• Solid understanding of GAAP, including cost accounting.
• Strong project management and organizational skills.
• Flexibility to adapt to evolution of the role and new processes.
Additional Information: • Towlift is committed to safety • Towlift invests in our company and employees • We offer opportunities for career advancement • We are a drug-free and smoke-free workplace
Towlift is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive program of employee benefits. We offer medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401k, and profit sharing. We also offer additional voluntary life insurance. Paid holidays, vacation, personal paid days, and educational assistance are also available.