Service Account Supervisor - Pittsburgh, PA
TOWLIFT is a full-service material handling dealership, family owned since 1965. We provide high-caliber maintenance and repair services for many types of equipment including a variety of forklifts, stock pickers, order pickers, turret trucks, reach trucks, powered walkies, pallet trucks, scissor lifts and Trackmobile railcar movers as well as Ottawa tractors.
The Service Account Supervisor serves as the liaison between Towlift and the customers, ensuring day-to-day customer service and support is executed. He/She performs complex tasks, providing ongoing support to customer accounts and technicians at the branch level. The Service Account Supervisor is responsible for assigning jobs to technicians and coordinating their daily schedule and work activities. He/She manages all aspects of the technicians’ performance, working with them to achieve great customer service. The Service Account Supervisor supports both service and sales, and is actively involved in maintaining positive customer communication.
- Manages assigned technicians to ensure effective completion of day-to-day service operations.
- Coordinates technician schedules to align customer account needs and technician capabilities.
- Schedules monthly preventive maintenance work to ensure PM completion rate goals are met.
- Responsible for booking service vehicle repairs and PMs, coordinating with technicians.
- Utilizes a proactive approach to customer service, anticipating needs and potential issues; resolves customer complaints in a timely manner.
- Works with technicians to resolve problems making every effort to ensure he/she fully completes each job assigned.
- Manages overall job progress, ensuring field technicians are diagnosing problems within two hours of arrival at customer locations; makes recommendations for technicians to utilize the assistance of technical communicators in troubleshooting complex issues.
- Regularly reviews and maintains appropriate technician billable rates.
- Monitors technicians’ timecards, maintaining accurate records for customer invoicing.
- Ensures technicians follow all work order procedures, keeping accurate time and parts on job, filling out PM checklists, obtaining customer signatures, closing out day, and completing jobs.
- Performs monthly field audits to ensure the safety of on-site technicians; utilizes these opportunities to communicate with customers about their current level of service; documents field audits using the proper forms and details any customer communications.
- Leads by example in promoting a safe workplace. Follows Towlift’s core safety values and ensures basic safety standards are adhered to including SDS, PPE, JSAs, hot work permits, and customer safety rules. Ensures company accident and incident reporting procedures are followed.
- Aids in the recruiting process by networking, actively recruiting, reviewing resumes, conducting interviews, and making hiring recommendations.
- Responsible for the performance management of direct reports, including completing timely reviews, providing coaching and counseling, and following proper disciplinary procedures when employee issues arise.
- Establishes regular communication with account managers to resolve any ongoing issues with customers’ accounts.
- Works with technician to ensure field quotes and warranty repairs are completed timely.
- Utilizes Cor360 to process and approve all vehicle maintenance invoices in addition to other vendor invoices as required.
- Regularly promotes and sells service products to customers, generating increased revenue.
- Approves, codes, and processes jobs to ensure labor and parts detail are complete and accurate; reviews parts and labor captured on jobs and ensures jobs are closed out with accurate information in the system.
- Maintains professionalism on the job at all times.
- Is reliable and punctual in reporting for work as scheduled.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Bachelor degree in Business or related field preferred.
- Two or more years of experience in a customer service role.
- Previous mechanical, technical, or electrical experience preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License and driving record acceptable to insurance company.
Additional Information: • Towlift is committed to safety • Towlift invests in our company and employees • We offer opportunities for career advancement • We are a drug free workplace
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work independently and to effectively prioritize demands and execute tasks.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey information to internal and external customers in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
Towlift is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive program of employee benefits. We offer medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, life insurance, short-term disability, 401k, and profit sharing. We offer additional voluntary life insurance and long-term disability. Paid holidays, vacation, personal paid days, and educational assistance are also available.