Accounting Associate - Cleveland, OH
The Accounting Associate assists the Accounting team by performing a wide variety of duties. He/She focuses on monitoring and posting transactions to the general ledger and related analysis of general ledger accounts. The Accounting Associate provides additional services to support an effective and efficient Accounting Department.
• Maintains general ledger accounts and reconciles accounts on a regular basis, with a focus on sales, cost of sales, warranties, commissions, and inventory.
• Collaborates with operations team to manage inventory levels; assists in analyzing inventory data, report creation, reviewing inventory turns, and identifying aging assets.
• Assists the Sales Department and Supply Chain Administrator to maintain an accurate inventory database and troubleshoot issues as they arise.
• Calculates and reviews monthly commission accruals, preparing statements for approval, forwards to HR for payout, and supports the overall process.
• Analyzes and reconciles balance sheet accounts such as commission accruals, inventory reserves, deposits, deferred revenue, and long-term AR.
• Records daily cash deposits and reconciles to the bank.
• Reviews and posts daily PO invoices and unit sales to general ledger.
• Prepares monthly entries and posts to the general ledger.
• Monitors posting of expense for proper classification and assignment to departments.
• Assists with the preparation and distribution of monthly financial statements and reports.
• Provides support for annual financial audits, preparing requested documents and statements as needed.
• Prepares schedules necessary to support annual tax returns, particularly state apportionment.
• Partners with team members and managers to identify and implement business improvements to achieve ongoing operational efficiencies.
• Reconciles financial statements by branch and department each month by the respected deadline.
• Assists with the design and implementation of proper internal controls and segregation of duties.
• Assists with the development and maintenance of process documentation.
• Maintains professionalism on the job.
• Reports for work as scheduled and arranges time off in accordance with policy.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
• At least one accounting/finance focused internship required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with an emphasis on Excel.
• Works effectively both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Anticipates needs of others and performs tasks without being asked, as appropriate.
• Solid understanding of GAAP, including cost accounting.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Flexibility to adapt to evolution of the role and new processes.
• Ability to work independently and to effectively prioritize demands and execute tasks.
• Complete and accurate in work performed, with keen attention to detail.