Accounts Payable Specialist - Cleveland, OH
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable invoices and disbursements. He/She is responsible for communication with vendors and ensuring business needs are being met.
• Handles invoice flow using third party invoice processing solution (Cor360).
• Interacts with employees at all levels to facilitate the smooth flow of invoice submission and approvals.
• Maintains consistency of general ledger classification and allocations between branches/departments.
• Codes invoices, vouchers, and check requests with correct codes, conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
• Works directly with internal and external vendors on complex issues regarding invoice processing and payments.
• Prepares and maintains non-inventory purchase order files along with the supporting documentation for invoice processing, in accordance with record retention policy.
• Partners with team members and managers to identify and implement business improvements to achieve ongoing operational efficiencies.
• Assists in troubleshooting customer issues, providing recommendations for resolution and escalating to management immediately.
• Participates in the vendor setup and credit application processes as directed by the AP Supervisor.
• Assist in the annual 1099 preparation and reporting.
• Prepares ad-hoc reports as requested.
• Executes and meets deadlines for processing accounting transactions.
• Maintains professionalism on the job at all times.
• Is responsible for being reliable punctual in reporting for work as scheduled.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature as required.
• High school diploma or equivalent. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field strongly preferred.
• A minimum of three years of accounts payable experience. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field may offset years of experience requirement.
• Previous experience with Corcentric (Cor360) and Concur preferred.
• Understanding of the Accounts Payable function and automated invoice processing solutions.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
• Ability to work independently and to effectively prioritize demands and execute tasks.
• Ability to communicate effectively to internal and external customers.
• Flexibility to adapt to evolution of the role as processes are optimized.
• Keen attention to detail.