Accounts Receivable Specialist
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for monitoring customer account activity, verifying balances are being paid within terms, and ensuring payments are being posted correctly.
- Maintains and updates customer files, including name or address changes, mergers, or
- Verifies transactions and customer payments related to individual customer accounts.
- Works with customers to optimize use of electronic payment methods and corresponding
remittance detail to enhance cash collection and matching to open invoices.
- Contacts delinquent accountholders to request payment, utilizing a polite and professional communications style (whether phone, email, letter, etc.).
- Identifies delinquent amounts and regularly communications with Sales Team, escalating issues to the Senior Account Representative and Director of Finance, as appropriate.
- Provides information to customers, as necessary, to facilitate customer matching and payment.
- Coordinates customer communication efforts with the Sales Team and Senior Credit Representative.
- Relays unusual developments to the Sales Team (changes in customer personnel, etc.).
- Researches customer discrepancies and past-due amounts with the assistance of the Senior
Credit Representative, Sales Team, and other staff.
- Creates reports regarding the status of customer accounts as requested.
- Maintains professionalism always.
- Reports for work as scheduled and arranges time off in accordance with policy.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
- Three or more years of business experience preferred.
- Two or more years of accounts receivable experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with advanced Excel skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers.
- Identifies problems and is willing to be part of the solution.
- Anticipates needs of others and performs tasks without being asked, as appropriate.
- Flexibility to adapt to evolution of the role and new processes.
- Ability to work independently and to effectively prioritize demands and execute tasks.
- Complete and accurate in work performed, with keen attention to detail.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.