Parts Counter Sales Representative- Mentor, OH
The Parts Counter Sales Representative sells parts to internal and external customers, over the counter, over the phone, or online. He/She is involved in the direct sales process, and is actively involved in maintaining positive customer communication. The Parts Counter Sales Representative increases our core business performance by supporting operational success and developing relationships with customers.
· Provides support to field and shop technicians by answering inbound calls, looking up parts, providing advice on related parts needed, placing emergency orders, communicating backorders to customers and technicians.
· Acts as a liaison between technicians, customers, and suppliers communicating pricing, delivery times, backorders, etc.
· Follows up on backorders and assesses if new sourcing is needed to expedite parts delivery.
· Places routine stock and emergency orders with external suppliers.
· Maintains an orderly parts warehouse and bin locations to support the company’s 5S culture.
· Processes outbound orders from picking to packing for customers and technicians.
· Performs routine inventories of customer consignments to accurately charge shortages.
· Provides analysis of van inventories assessing what parts need to be frozen, increased, or removed.
· Resolves customer complaints and issues with a high degree of customer service.
· Processes remanufactured cores to obtain credit from suppliers.
· Assists the Sales Department with parts requests.
· Builds various types of hydraulic hoses to be used for replacement on customer equipment.
· Receives and fills both online and telephone orders for parts.
· Solicits new and existing accounts by phone.
· Reads catalogs, microfiche viewers, or computer displays to determine replacement part stock numbers and prices.
· Receives payment and/or obtains credit authorization.
· Advises customers/technicians on substitution or modification of parts when identical replacements are not available.
· Examines returned parts for defects, and exchanges defective parts or refunds money.
· Measures parts, using precision measuring instruments, to determine whether similar parts may be machined to required sizes.
· Performs follow-up sales calls with customers to ensure product satisfaction is met.
· Contacts new and existing customers to meet and surpass goals for the Parts Department.
· Maximizes customer sales potential by examining parts usage and providing advice on parts
stocking based on lead times, consumables, maintenance type, application etc.
· Establishes regular communication with managers to resolve any ongoing issues with customers.
· Promotes and sells equipment and service products to customers, generating increased revenue.
· Maintains professionalism on the job at all times.
· Is reliable and punctual in reporting for work as scheduled.
· Performs other duties of a similar nature as required.
· High School Diploma or equivalent. Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Two or more years of experience in a material handling or automotive industry preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Is Discusses use and features of various parts, based on knowledge of machines or equipment. - Ability to work independently and to effectively prioritize demands and execute tasks.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey information to internal and external customers in a clear and concise manner.