Parts Driver - Columbus, OH
TOWLIFT is a full-service material handling dealership, family owned since 1965. We provide
high-caliber maintenance and repair services for many types of equipment including a variety of forklifts, stock pickers, order pickers, turret trucks, reach trucks, powered walkies, pallet trucks, scissor lifts and Trackmobile railcar movers as well as Ottawa tractors.
The Parts Driver provides delivery support to the Service Department staff, performing a variety of tasks and duties. He/She delivers parts, supplies and materials, in addition to performing other duties within the Parts Department. The Parts Driver complies with safety incident reporting and ensures all paperwork is submitted timely and accurately. He/She is responsible for providing excellent customer service, both internal and external, and for maintaining company provided assets, including all work tools and vans.
• Picks up and delivers parts and other materials from technicians at customer sites, vendors, suppliers, storage units, etc.
• Places routine stock and emergency orders with external suppliers as needed.
• Conducts inventory cycle counts as required.
• Maintains open lines of communication with Parts Department team members, informing them of missing inventory and/or other issues.
• Identifies and records parts transfers.
• Places and processes external customer orders, acting as an outside parts sales representative as necessary.
• Sets up customer accounts in parts database for customer use as needed.
• Ensures Towlift property is maintained to the company’s 5S standards. The van is company property and any accidental damage should follow standard incident reporting procedures.
• Ensures time cards are accurately maintained and that jobs are allocated properly with start and end times.
• Reports to Parts Department daily for job assignments from management.
• Establishes consistent communication with internal customers and keeps them informed of work status and any other pertinent account information.
• Provides daily status updates to the service account supervisors and reviews any customer issues or concerns with them and the account manager.
• Performs general cleaning and custodial duties as needed.
• Leads by example in promoting a safe workplace. Follows Towlift’s core safety values and ensures basic safety standards are adhered to including SDS, PPE, JSAs, and customer safety rules.
• Reports any safety violations or incidents to the service account supervisor or other member of management immediately.
• Operates lift trucks for basic material handling and loading and unloading of trucks.
• Requests additional tasks and projects to prevent down time.
• Maintains professionalism on the job at all times.
• Is reliable and punctual in reporting for work as scheduled.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature as required.
• High School Diploma or equivalent. Vocational or technical certification preferred.
• One or more years of experience in a material handling or automotive industry preferred.
• Valid Driver’s License and driving record acceptable to insurance company.
• Ability to work independently and to effectively prioritize demands and execute tasks.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Strong project management and organizational skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey information to internal and external customers in a clear and concise manner.
Additional Information: •Technicians receive comprehensive factory training every year from in-house trainers and the manufacturer • Towlift is committed to safety • Towlift invests in our company and employees • We offer opportunities for career advancement • We are a drug-free and smoke-free workplace
Towlift is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive program of employee benefits. We offer medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, life insurance, short-term disability, 401k, and profit sharing. We also offer additional voluntary life insurance and long-term disability. Paid holidays, vacation, personal paid days, and educational assistance are also available.