The Parts Lead assists in leading the Parts Department, selling parts to internal and external customers, over the counter, over the phone, or online. The Parts Lead serves as the crew
leader and is responsible for coordinating the daily activities and tasks to the Parts Department. He/She is involved in the direct sales process and maintains positive customer communication. The Parts Lead strives to increase our core business performance by supporting operational success and developing relationships with customers.
· Provides support to field and shop technicians by answering inbound calls, looking up parts, providing advice on related parts needed, placing emergency orders, and communicating backorders to customers and technicians.
· Acts as a liaison between technicians, customers, and suppliers communicating pricing, delivery times, backorders, etc.
· Follows up on backorders and assesses if new sourcing is needed to expedite parts delivery.
· Places routine stock and emergency orders with external suppliers.
· Maintains an orderly parts warehouse and bin locations to support the company’s 5S culture.
· Schedules and initiates van inventories to determine what parts need to be frozen, increased, or removed.
· Resolves customer complaints and issues with a high degree of customer service.
· Assists the Sales Department with parts requests.
· Monitors online and telephone orders to ensure orders are being filled in a timely manner.
· Solicits new and existing accounts by phone, promoting and selling equipment and service products.
· Advises customers/technicians on substitution or modification of parts when identical replacements are not available.
· Performs follow-up sales calls with customers to ensure product satisfaction is met.
· Contacts new and existing customers to meet and surpass goals for the Parts Department.
· Maximizes customer sales potential by examining parts usage and providing advice on parts stocking based on lead times, consumables, maintenance type, application etc.
· Establishes regular communication with managers to resolve any ongoing issues with customers.
· Prioritizes parts requests and coordinates the daily activities of the assigned team members.
· Ensures team members’ time cards are accurately maintained and recorded for payroll.
· Monitors team members’ performance and reports any issues to the Product Support Manager.
· Leads by example in promoting a safe workplace; follows Towlift’s core safety values and ensures basic safety standards are adhered to by all crew members including SDS, PPE, JSAs, hot work permits, and customer safety rules.
· Provides support to management by overseeing the duties of designated team members.
· Reports any safety violations or incidents to the Product Support Manager immediately.
· Maintains professionalism on the job at all times.
· Is reliable and punctual in reporting for work as scheduled.
· Performs other duties of a similar nature as required.
· High School Diploma or equivalent. Associate degree preferred.
· Five or more years of experience in a material handling or automotive industry preferred.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
· Must be able to lead team members in a positive and productive manner.
· Possesses a strong working knowledge base of machines or equipment.
· Ability to work independently and to effectively prioritize demands and execute tasks.
· Keen attention to detail.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey information to internal.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.