Sales Representative - Columbus, OH
The Sales Representative – Used is responsible for selling equipment offerings to customers located both in the United States and globally. He/She works strategically to provide material handling solutions for all of our customers.
- Responsible for selling products to new and existing customers both in the United States and globally.
- Communicates effectively via phone and email to customers.
- Understands products, market competition, and how to position products to overcome these factors and meet sales targets.
- Maintains consistent communication with customers, responding to inquiries as soon as possible.
- Generates new business and follows up on leads by researching the internet, making phone calls, and sending emails.
- Introduces customers to equipment offerings, preparing and reviewing sales quotes in detail.
- Coordinates shipping orders via truck and container to destinations, developing relationships with freight brokerage providers, and ensuring the proper equipment is shipped and delivered.
- Maintains equipment sales with existing customers and strengthens business relationships by working with customers to address material handling issues within their organization.
- Keeps an accurate and comprehensive customer database, including contact names, businesses, and clients’ sales history.
- Works with the Sales Manager to develop quarterly sales plans and targets each year, reviewing goals every six months.
- Is reliable and punctual in reporting for work as scheduled.
- Maintains professionalism on the job at all times.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field preferred.
- Two or more years of sales experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work independently and on a team.
- Ability to achieve quarterly and yearly quotas.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey information to internal and external customers in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to develop relationships with customers.