Sales Representative - Used Equipment - Cleveland, OH
The Sales Representative - Used Equipment is responsible for selling equipment offerings to customers located both in the United States and globally. He/She works strategically to provide material handling solutions for all customers.
• Responsible for selling products to new and existing customers both in the United States and globally.
• Develops proposals in accordance with standards and presents them to customers, reviewing them in detail.
• Collaborates with other internal department staff members as needed, working closely with all company divisions to develop cross-selling strategies and ensure a great customer experience.
• Meets customer expectations for continued support and follow up after sales are final to include delivery of truck, signing of delivery report, truck orientation, service schedules, etc.
• Initiates and approves all documentation to complete sales orders.
• Engages customers by adapting to their buying style, incorporating proven sales techniques and a consultative approach to effectively demonstrate OHWEO’s material handling solutions.
• Communicates effectively via phone and email to customers.
• Understands products, market competition, and how to position products to overcome these factors and meet sales targets.
• Maintains consistent communication with customers, responding to inquiries as soon as possible.
• Generates new business and follows up on leads by researching the internet, making phone calls, and sending emails.
• Introduces customers to equipment offerings, preparing and reviewing sales quotes in detail.
• Coordinates shipping orders via truck and container to destinations, developing relationships with freight brokerage providers, and ensuring the proper equipment is shipped and delivered.
• Maintains equipment sales with existing customers and strengthens business relationships by working with customers to address material handling issues within their organization.
• Using Base CRM, keeps an accurate and comprehensive customer database, including contact names, businesses, and clients’ sales history, documenting all activity.
• Facilitates demonstrations of material handling solutions as needed per customer request.
• Attends weekly team meetings to review department goals and strategies.
• Works with the General Manager to develop quarterly sales plans and targets each year, reviewing goals monthly.
• Is reliable and punctual in reporting for work as scheduled.
• Maintains professionalism on the job at all times.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature as required.
• Bachelor degree in Business or related field.
• Two or more years of sales experience preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to work independently and on a team.
• Ability to achieve quarterly and yearly quotas.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey information to internal and external customers in a clear and concise manner.
• Ability to develop relationships with customers.