Service Specialist - Columbus, OH
The Service Specialist is responsible for providing technical support to all branch technicians. He/She ensures technical issues are getting resolved in a timely manner to ensure high first-time fix rates. Partners with service management to improve the technical skillset of the branch operation. Ensures the technical quality of the branch is at an acceptable level.
• Processes quotes from request to invoice ensuring timeliness, proper documentation, and a high level of accuracy.
• Utilizes technical skillset when generating quotes to present an accurate and complete repair proposal; a complete proposal identifies the underlying cause of the need for repair and presents a job that will fix the issue being requested to quote.
• Adjusts proposals throughout the process as the customer’s scope of work changes.
• Presents proposal to customer in a timely and professional manner.
• Elevates approved proposals to the Service Account Supervisor and ensures jobs are completed timely.
• Achieves a positive labor variance on quotes and communicates with technician to complete repairs in less time than proposed.
• Maintains an accurate quote log with date of service, original work order, quote number, customer, equipment, sale status, job variance (difference between actual v. proposed amount), and any other pertinent information used to analyze performance.
• Assists technicians with any software issues; maintains laptops and computers by tracking and installing software updates in company equipment.
• Troubleshoots customer issues, providing recommendations for resolution and escalating as needed.
• Provides technical support to all technicians calling in with issues, diagnoses issues and ensures they are repaired properly.
• Documents technical procedures to be communicated to all technicians.
• Performs on-site technical help to assist technicians through the repair process as necessary.
• Coaches technicians through advanced technical issues explaining root cause and process to repair.
• Documents technical phone calls to be reviewed with service management to understand where additional training support is needed.
• Advises service management when there are pending technical issues that are taking longer than 24 hours to resolve.
• Puts together plans and action items to resolve major technical issues.
• Performs failure analysis to document repair procedures to be reviewed with suppliers and customers.
• Maintains ongoing communication to customer if repair process is taking longer than 24 hours.
• Communicates any failure analysis with entire Product Support team to prevent future complications.
• Ensures all manufacturer product support bulletins (PSBs) are communicated timely and action plans are established.
• Performs routine field, PM, and safety audits of field and shop service staff.
• Monitors repair times to communicate to service management where improvements can be made.
• Participates in classroom and factory training to maintain product knowledge.
• Provides on the job training to branch technicians.
• Maintains professionalism on the job at all times.
• Is reliable and punctual in reporting for work as scheduled.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature as required.
• High School Diploma or equivalent. Vocational or technical certification preferred.
• At least five years of experience in a material handling or automotive industry, specific to maintenance and repair.
• Valid Driver’s License and driving record acceptable to insurance company.
• Ability to work independently and to effectively prioritize demands and execute tasks.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Strong project management and organizational skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey information to internal and external customers in a clear and concise manner.
• Ability to travel for continued development and ongoing training.