Shop Attendant - Pittsburgh, PA
The Shop Attendant provides support to the Service Department staff, performing a variety of tasks and duties. He/She maintains organization of the shop, delivers parts and supplies, in addition to performing basic cleaning duties. The Shop Attendant complies with safety incident reporting and ensures all paperwork is submitted timely and accurately. He/She is responsible for providing excellent customer service and for maintaining company provided assets, including all work tools and vans.
• Operates lift trucks for basic material handling, shop organization, and loading and unloading of trucks.
• Picks up and delivers parts and other materials from technicians at customer sites, vendors, suppliers, etc.
• Responsible for painting building interiors/exteriors in addition to lift trucks and other body work.
• Performs minor electrical work as required such as installing lights, wall fixtures, etc.
• Assists in the repair and upkeep of the interior and exterior of branch buildings and grounds.
• Performs routine scheduled maintenance including, but not limited to, standard inspections, repairing and replacing defective parts, lubricating parts, and repairing electrical equipment.
• Follows work order instructions, keeping accurate records of time and parts used on jobs.
• Performs preventive maintenance repairs, maintaining accurate records, and ensuring supplies are stocked.
• Assists Parts Department as required.
• Ensures Towlift property is maintained to the company’s 5S standards. The van is company property and any accidental damage should follow standard incident reporting procedures.
• Ensures time cards are accurately maintained and that jobs are allocated properly with start and end times.
• Is responsible for requesting additional tasks and projects to prevent down time.
• May be responsible to utilize the Mobile Service application to close out the day, fill out work orders, obtain customer signatures, finalize jobs, and mark as complete.
• Ensures work orders are fully completed.
• Reports to Towlift shop daily for job assignments from management.
• Establishes consistent communication with internal customers and keeps them informed of work status and any other pertinent account information.
• Provides daily status updates to the service account supervisors and reviews any customer issues or concerns with them and the account manager.
• Performs general cleaning and custodial duties as needed.
• Leads by example in promoting a safe workplace. Follows Towlift’s core safety values and ensures basic safety standards are adhered to including SDS, PPE, JSAs, hot work permits, and customer safety rules.
• Reports any safety violations or incidents to the service account supervisor or other member of management immediately.
• Maintains professionalism on the job at all times.
• Is reliable and punctual in reporting for work as scheduled.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature as required.
• High School Diploma or equivalent. Vocational or technical certification preferred.
• Two or more years of experience in a shop attendant or similar role.
• Ability to interpret and apply schematic diagrams.
• Valid Driver’s License and driving record acceptable to insurance company.
• Ability to work independently and to effectively prioritize demands and execute tasks.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Strong project management and organizational skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey information to internal and external customers in a clear and concise manner.