Tire Technician - Cleveland, OH
The Tire and Field Technician focuses on the replacement of worn tires on all types of industrial vehicles. In addition, the Tire and Field Technician performs routine maintenance and breakdown
repair work in the field at customer sites. He/she prioritizes work orders, complies with safety incident reporting, and ensures all paperwork is submitted timely and accurately. The Tire and Field Technician is responsible for providing excellent customer service and for maintaining company provided assets, including all work tools and vans.
- Positions equipment to safely remove, roll, and position tires on the press.
- Sets up, adjusts, and operates tire press to press tires and hubs together.
- Assists with assembling components per tire specifications.
- Loads and unloads of tires from industrial vehicles to service vehicles safely.
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots customer breakdowns; provides proper repairs to minimize equipment downtime and initiates estimates for repairs on site.
- Calls for assistance if unable to diagnose or troubleshoot issues within two hours of being on site.
- Performs routine scheduled maintenance including, but not limited to, standard inspections, repairing and replacing defective parts, lubricating parts, and repairing electrical equipment.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in factory specifications.
- Reviews repair work and scheduled maintenance results with customers, communicating any potential issues.
- Completes work orders in full when applicable and starts equipment to test performance prior to leaving customer site.
- Follows work order instructions, keeping accurate records of time and parts used on jobs.
- Performs preventative maintenance repairs, maintaining accurate records, and ensuring supplies are stocked.
- Ensures Towlift property is maintained to the company’s 5S standards. The van is company property and any accidental damage should follow standard incident reporting procedures.
- Ensures time cards are accurately maintained and that jobs are allocated properly with start and end times.
- Responsible for field quoting and communicating services to customers.
- Is responsible to utilize the Mobile Service application to close out the day, fill out work orders, obtain customer signatures, finalize jobs, and mark as complete.
- Ensures work orders are fully completed with the following: job number, customer information (name and address), equipment (make, model number, serial number, hour meter), repair story (in the problem/cause/correction format), parts listing, and final customer signature (verifying completion).
- Reports to Towlift shop on a consistent basis to replenish parts and finalize work orders.
- Establishes consistent communication with the customer and keeps them informed of work status and any other pertinent account information.
- Provides daily status updates to the dispatchers and reviews any customer issues or concerns with the dispatcher and account manager.
- Leads by example in promoting a safe workplace.
- Follows Towlift’s core safety values and ensures basic safety standards are adhered to including SDS, PPE, JSAs, hot work permits, and customer safety rules.
- Reports any safety violations or incidents to the dispatcher/supervisor immediately.
- Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Maintains professionalism on the job at all times.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature as required.
· High School Diploma or equivalent. Vocational or technical certification preferred.
- Two or more years of experience in a service technician role or similar position.
- Previous experience with tires, hydraulics, and computer diagnostics.
- Ability to interpret and apply schematic diagrams.
- Valid Driver’s License and driving record acceptable to insurance company.
- Ability to lift 75lbs. repeatedly and up to 100lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to work independently and to effectively prioritize demands and execute tasks.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey information to internal and external customers in a clear and concise manner.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.