Trackmobile Lead Technician - Toledo, OH
The Trackmobile Lead Technician serves as the primary technician and coordinator for readying Trackmobile equipment identified for customer sale. He/She works closely with Sales and Product Support to plan and execute equipment repair projects. The Trackmobile scope of work can range from small repairs to complete refurbishments. The Trackmobile Lead Technician prioritizes work orders, complies with safety incident reporting, and ensures all paperwork is submitted timely and accurately. He/She assumes the lead role when communicating with internal customers and account managers and maintains company provided assets, including all work tools and vans.
• Is responsible for the start to finish accountability and ownership for Trackmobile shop repairs including:
• Machine inspection, problem diagnosis, and summary of required repairs.
• Collaborates with Parts Department quoting to accurately scope replacement parts and labor estimates.
• Clearly defines quality requirements, timing, and budget for the repair; gains project approval from Trackmobile Sales Manager.
• Monitors performance of time to repair jobs versus the quoted amount of labor.
• Provides daily status updates and reviews any customer issues or concerns with Trackmobile Sales Manager.
• Completes repairs on time and within quality requirements; achieves high customer satisfaction.
• Uses sound judgement to escalate issues and provide solutions to changes in repair plan.
• Performs functional check outs and road testing; seeks the help of peers to review quality of repairs.
• Coordinates with the Asset Specialist to schedule equipment delivery to customer sites.
• Attends equipment delivery to ensure customer satisfaction and addresses any concerns.
• Ensures work orders are fully completed with the following: job number, customer information (name and address), equipment (make, model, serial, hour meter), repair description (in the problem/cause/correction format), parts listing, and final customer signature (verifying completion).
• Utilizes the Mobile Service application to close out the day, fill out work orders, obtain customer signature, mark jobs as complete, etc.
• Establishes consistent communication with internal and external customers keeping them informed of work status, crew changes, and any other pertinent information.
• Leads by example in promoting a safe workplace; follows Towlift’s core safety values and ensures basic safety standards are adhered to by all crew members including SDS, PPE, JSAs, hot work permits, and customer safety rules.
• Reports any safety violations or incidents to management immediately.
• Completes all paperwork accurately and timely in accordance with customer and Towlift standards.
• Carries out regular shop/field technician duties as required, including performing preventive maintenance repairs, maintaining records, and ensuring supplies are stocked.
• Actively participate in weekly Trackmobile meetings to update team on status of customer shop jobs.
• Establishes and maintains all shop quality control procedures, implementing new procedures as needed.
• Maintains professionalism on the job at all times.
• Is reliable and punctual in reporting for work as scheduled.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature as required.
• High School Diploma or equivalent. Vocational or technical certification preferred.
• At least 5 years of diesel mechanical experience, preferably with heavy equipment.
• Previous experience with hydraulics and computer diagnostics.
• Ability to interpret and apply schematic diagrams.
• Valid Driver’s License and driving record acceptable to insurance company.
• Ability to work independently and to effectively prioritize demands and execute tasks.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey information to internal and external customers in a clear and concise manner.
• Strong project management and organizational skills.
• Ability to travel for continued development and ongoing training.